Friday, January 12, 2007

Tensioner, Water Pump and De-Squeak

On Tuesday I took onleave to service my RAV4. To minimise the clicking noise from the belt I need to replace the fan belt tensioner. The mechanic check the engine and found that the noise is coming from the belt and tensioner. After checking the tensioner, he found that the waterpump has a bit leakage on it. So I need to replace both tensioner and water pump.

I bought the tensioner from Wing Hing for RM 400. At Wing Hin I also bought Toyota coolant RM 18 and front R/L wiper insert RM 30 and RM 35.

For the water pump the workshop offer me the after market water pump which made on Japan http://www.gmb.jp. It cost me RM 280 instead of OEM water pump from Toyota high price at RM420.

To minimise the noise from the brake pad and rotors, I need to spray chemical de-squeak at both surface of the rotors. It cost me RM 40/tin.

Total labour cost for tensioner and water pump replacement are RM 150

Tensioner photos as follows

Water Pump


De-Squeak

My daughter and my RAV4

0 comments: